I’ve three major focus for 2017 and one of them of course is my personal self-care and development. And part of that is to improve my physical fitness level.
Getting started was interrupted by valid reasons and then there’s the lazy ass bullshit I justify as legit. Getting started can be difficult for a number of reasons like –
- Fear, because I’ve failed more times than I’ve succeed.
- Tired from being disappointed in myself
- Discouraged, because it seems like nothing is working for ME.
- I’ve never asked for support to help me achieve my goal.
You don’t need a perfect plan…it doesn’t exist anyway.
I’ve found the following points helpful to get started and achieve my desired results
- Your compelling reason why? What do you need to motivate you forward when things get uncomfortable and challenging.
- You need a plan – Your road map, something to work with that’s realistic and challenging, but not outrageous.
- You need a start and end date – this is about relevance and the middle is your commitment in action.
- You need to be held accountable – one person who you trust to keep you in the race, when struggles arise (they will)
- Be ready – get what you need to start this journey.
- And like Mark Twain said – start.
Won’t you feel better, be better, and lighter when you’re doing something to improve your life?
Make this your time and do right by you and get moving forward.