A few weeks ago I was privy to listen in on a very interesting conversation on the train. A guy was conducting a survey with two teenage males sitting next to me, and the first question was “what subject would you like to see discussed in college that interests you?” And the first response was “how to make money” – of course! The last one got my attention “how to live life”. Did I hear right? This was not the sort of response I expected to hear from the mouths of teens, and that led me to ask myself this thought provoking and brilliant question posed by a teen – how do I live life?
So I pondered and asked
- If 10% of the world population of teens were asking this question, which would equate to roughly 7 million teens – imagine how that would affect our world.
- How different would my world be if I had asked that question as a teen and pursued an answer?
- Am I following someone else’s road map on how to live life?
- What is my blue print on how to live life?
- And finally, am I happy with how I am living my life today?
Is there a simple formula that works for everyone? I don’t think so! However, I do believe there are some basic common guidelines, values and beliefs we incorporate into our lives that plays out in how we live or show up in life.
And this is where I sit
- You are at an advantage if you can ask big questions like that early in life, and seek to find your answer – I wish I had.
- For a period of my life, I followed the guidelines on how to live life by what my parents taught me, what the church fed me and what society told me
- I have kept what served me well, and discarded what did not, and discovered what did and nurture them
- I believe when you discover “how to live life”, you will find out how to make money
- Respect, love, unselfishness, truth, contentment, gratitude, and love for self and others are pillars in my house
- When I found and began to pursue my passions (in whatever area) I realized I discovered how to live life – and being fully at peace with the choices I have made.
- I am still learning new ways on how to live life in a way that adds fulfillment and joy to my life, and the people in my world
I would love to hear your thoughts! How are you living your life and are you happy with it?
To your healthy and enjoyment!