What motivates us to do things for ourselves and others? Like step into a new career, leave an abusive relationship, lose X amount of body fat, relocate to a different country or province, help others financially, give to a good cause, quit a job, sell your home and travel the world? There are either one of two things that will do that – FEAR or FREEDOM.
Fear either keeps us stagnant or pushes us to something extreme that’s usually not constructive. On the other hand, being motivated by FREEDOM propels us forward to learn, grow, step into change, and do something that will make a difference in the lives of others and ourselves.
As we prepare to start a new week, I’d like to challenge you to decide on what is going to be your motivational piece.
In Success Consciousness Remez Sasson says it best in this article http://www.successconsciousness.com/strengthen_motivation.htm
“Motivation is one of the most important keys to success. When there is lack of motivation, you either get no results, or only mediocre ones, whereas, when there is motivation, you attain greater and better results and achievements.”
Motivation means to have a motive and take action. You can make the decision to have a successful week in your personal and professional life by starting the week with an attitude motivated by freedom to be better and do better.
- Is your motive to improve your mental wellbeing by saying and thinking kind thoughts over self-limiting ones about yourself and others?
- Is it to improve your physical wellness by drinking more water, consuming more nutritious foods and intensely moving your body for 20 – 30 mins more than you did last week?
- Is it to reach your target at work, provide exceptional customer service, and go the extra mile to serve your colleagues?
- Is it going to be focus on spending quality time with your spouse, partner friends and kids?
- Will it be spent nurturing your spirit through yoga, meditation or prayer?
- Or will it be spent doing acts of kindness for others without wanting nothing in return?
Make this week extremely successful, do it for you, do it for someone else and experience a charged rewarding week.
What’s going to be your motivational piece? If you have none, then why not join me and throw acts of kindness around like confetti?
To you Being your better self