I’m thankful for recent conversations with friends! You know those timely messages and pointed reminders that moved us to check in with self? Well, it happened to me recently, and it was a gift that the universe/God delivered at just the right time, which led me to ask:
- What’s the current state of my thinking – it wasn’t at its best!
- What is missing from my life – daily doses of gratitude!
- Where do I exert the most energy, and is it worth it – worrying and it wasn’t helping me!
- Time to make some changes – hell YES!
By being honest with ourselves we open the door to clarity and freedom, and there’s nothing more rewarding than being vulnerable to your truth. It moves us forward to being a better person you enjoy being around, and the truth be told, I wasn’t super excited being around me. I am an advocate of being the best at living a richer more rewarding and fulfilling life, and as much as I push and encourage this message, I have not arrived and I’m not immune from facing fears, sadness, struggles, pain, anger…I still have to apply the same to my life on a continual basis because, life experiences sometimes takes you low! So, here I am being reminded of what works against me, and what works for me, and the message of gratitude definitely is working for me.
Gratitude to me, is noticing and being appreciative of me/others contribution to society, kind deeds gestures, things, a smile, abilities, gifts, talents, etc. and appreciating them by internally being thankful, and externally voicing it. I may be eating the same meal for a week, but at least I have food to eat. It is all about how I choose to see my present situation, and that’s the difference between being grateful and ungrateful. Ungratefulness kept me stuck, sad and dull. However, since making the commitment to myself, and started practicing gratitude, my attitude took a noticeable shift, and the door to what enriches, empowers, and encourages me began to swing open. It’s literally the difference of sitting in the dark, and then realizing all you needed to do was to get up (take action) and flick the switch to experience light.
And, that is what happened when I turned on the switch of gratitude in my life.
Here are some transforming benefits I am noticing from practicing gratitude:
- Mentally/attitude adjustment – healthier selection of thoughts to nourish the mind
- Physically/ body image lift – noticeably stress reduction in heaviness of the body
- Emotionally – spirit lifted, connected and alive
- Speaking/ more awareness – mindful of thoughts/words about self and others
- Relationships – I show up fully engaged
- Appreciation – of small daily blessings internally and externally that was previously missed
- Release – from internal and external assumptions of self and others that hinders
What’s missing since? Complaining, grumbling, negative mood, attitude, tiredness in body and mind, and heavy heart.
With this shift, opportunities, network connections, and financial inflow occurred more in one week than it did in the 6 months.
The greatest and best gift I can extend to you is this – If you’re looking to enrich, empower, and enjoy yourself, relationships, work, life, then I encourage you to begin practicing gratitude, and you’ll begin to notice changes that will be so rewarding, it will propel you forward to experiencing a more fulfilling, satisfying and successful life.
I would love to hear your thoughts on this subject.
To your health and enjoyment!